Thank you Jess for nominating me for this award. 🙂 The Liebster awards are a way for bloggers to get to know one another and discover new amazing blogs via the internet. And since everything is connected with number 11, I will also include 11 fun facts about makeup and cosmetics in the end of this post. This is supposed to be fun, so let’s not be too serious today. 🙂
The rules of the nomination:
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate 11 blogs (try to nominate small blogs with fewer followers!) and ask them 11 questions also! (notify them that you have nominated them!)
Here are 11 facts about me:
- Afraid of height
- Studied chemistry
- Physics PhD student at the moment
- I love traveling
- I like foreign languages
- I can play the cello
- I like running
- I love Lilo & Stitch cartoon 😀
- Chocolate ❤
- Shopping ❤
- What’s your favourite food? I really, really like pizza. 🙂
- What’s your passion? Science and makeup, definitely.
- Where are you from? I originally come from Croatia, but I live in Germany.
- What inspired you to start your blog? I decided to start my blog mostly because I wanted to share my knowledge and experiences but I also expected I will learn some new things. And so far it works! I’ve learned many new things from other bloggers, so it was obviously a good decision. 😀
- Your favorite makeup brand? I don’t really have a favorite makeup brand, but I like ZOEVA a lot at the moment. They have amazing eyeshadow palettes.
- If you were stranded on an island and could only have two things what would they be? Probably Swiss army knife and matches, that might be useful.
- Favorite skin care products? I tried out Ziaja moisturizer with SPF just recently, and I am sooo in love with it. So I can say this is my favorite skin product at the moment.
- Favourite book? Crime and punishment by Dostoevsky. I read it 5 times already, and I will read it again for sure.
- Favourite show? I used to watch Supernatural all the time, but I got bored with it. Now I watch only Game of Thrones.
- 2 countries you would love to visit? Singapore and Malaysia. And I am planning on visiting those countries as soon as I overcome my fear of flying.
- What’s your star sign? Libra.
I nominate following blogs:
- Dorothea Beauty
- The Pearly Life
- Dreamer Achiever
- Beauty Biochem
- Elizabeth’s Blog
- AYR GALAXY
- BEE BEAUTY
- Abigail Rose
- Kayleigh Doll Makeup
And my 11 questions are:
- Where are you from?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Favorite skin care products?
- Are there some ingredients that you usually avoid in skin care products and makeup?
- How often do you wear makeup?
- If you would have to choose only one makeup product to wear, what would it be?
- Who (or what) inspires you?
- Do you do some sports? If yes, what?
- Do you remember what was the first makeup product you’ve ever used?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Favorite drugstore brand?
And finally, 11 fun facts about makeup…
- The word cosmetics derives from Greek kosmetikē tehnē which means technique of dress and ornament, kosmētikos meaning skilled in ordering and arranging and kosmos meaning order and ornament.
- The ancient Egyptians were the first to use makeup.
- Cleopatra used to soak the sails of her ships in perfume, so that the smell would reach Rome and Marc Anthony before she did.
- The very first nail polish was- made in China.
- The most common injury caused by makeup is scratching the eye with a mascara wand.
- The United States has the highest rate of cosmetic surgery in the world.
- Average woman spends about $ 15 000 in a lifetime on cosmetics.
- Fish scales can be used to add shimmer to eye shadows and lipsticks.
- Nightingale feces is used in geisha facials. They claim it is a great exfoliator and it helps with wrinkles.
- Coco Chanel popularized tanning in 1920s, after she tanned herself on a cruise.
- Nestle owns a quarter of L’Oreal.
See you in the next post!